Spending a lazy Saturday making cards. The first project of the day is cards for a wedding party. My card base is Basic Gray cardstock from Stampin’ Up!(SU) cut at 8.5 x 5.5 scored at 4.25. My next layer was SU Sycamore Street designer series paper cut at 5.25 x 4.0. When making the top layer, I cut it at 4.75 x 3.87. I dry embossed the wreath on it using the embossing folder from the Butterfly Dreams embossing folder from the Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine free gift. Along with the embossing folder, there was also a stamp set and butterfly and flower layer dies. I used flower layer dies and cut the base and leaves out of Kiwi Kiss SU. I cut the flower itself out of Dapper Denim SU paper and the inner flower portion out of Island Indigo SU paper. All were adhered to the card base using adhesive tape except the flower which was adhered using a foam dot. SU diamonds were adhered to the card front and 1 to the top of the flower.
Jan needed a card for work tomorrow. The image is from the Sketched Flowers stamp part of the Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit. I used the Simon Says Stamp embossing ink to put it on vellum cardstock after preparing the surface with anti-static powder. Black embossing powder was dusted on the surface with the excess tapped off. Then I used a heat gun to set the embossing powder in place. I then used alcohol markers to color the back of the vellum card stock. On the front of the vellum, I used the Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen to provide sparkle. The vellum was adhered to the card base with fast fuse adhesive and glue dots. The sentiment, from the Tin of Cards stamp set from Stampin’ Up!, was die cut from their Stitched Framelet dies set. This was popped up on dimensionals and positioned on the card front above the fast fuse section of adhesive. Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drops in Grey Mist were used to cover the glue dots.
My first card I stamped the leaves with VersaMark ink and heat embossed clear embossing powder. I then took Ranger Distress Oxide inks in Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass and Squeezed Lemonade and rubbed them on the Ivory SSS cardstock cut in an embossed resist technique. This was adhered to a piece of black cardstock then attached to a Basic Gray card base. I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine black ink.
The Family is everything words I first stamped in Basic Grey then stamped over it again with Pear Pizzaz inks. It is adhered to a piece of Basic Grey cardstock then popped up on the card with dimensionals. The leaves were stamped in VersaMark in then I put black embossing powder was heated. The cardstock was then matted on Pear Pizzaz cardstock with a Basic Gray base.
With my last card, I heat embossed the leaves with VersaMark ink and Early Espresso embossing powder and adhered to the Early Espresso card base. The sentiment is was stamped in Early Espresso ink and then adhered to Early Espresso cardstock. I then popped it up with dimensionals.