Spent the afternoon making cards with the Simon Says Stamp Hanyary 2019 card kit. I made 7 cards. I am really excited they all came from me. I didn’t look at an\ny other work of the amazing carmakers out there. I stamped and worked with my ideas for about 6 hours. It was amazing. Just going to post pictures of them.
I needed to make 8 thank you cards. I just received the January 2019 Simon Says Stamp (SSS) card kit. So it was perfect for to use. I used the Mini Tim Holtz Stamping Platform and lined my stamps on it. I stamped onto some Nineh Exact Index white cardstock card front 5 x 3.75 using the SSS Black Ink. While those were drying, I stamped the snowman image onto some SSS masking paper. I cut these out and put them onto the snowmen on my card fronts. I then applied Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Oxide Ink in Mermaid Lagoon across the entire front using the Ranger Mini Ink Blending tool. I also then applied Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky to create some variations in color. Once these were dried, I used the Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen and highlighted the sentiment and the snowflakes. Then I removed the mask from the snowmen. Using Poppy Spectrum Noir and Brilliant Blue Firefly alcohol markers I colored in the snowmen. The bright orange on the nose was from a gel ink pen set. I felt the snowmen needed a little glitter so I highlighted the pompom and white stripes on the hat, the mittens and the lower curve of the snowman using the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen.
The card fronts were adhered to craft foam and then adhered to the card base 8.5 x 5.5 scored at 4.25.
I went to a Christmas party last night and needed a card. I used the December 2018 Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Card Kit. I stamped the sentiments with the black SSS ink. after they dried, I colored them with Firefly alcohol markers. I then took some Stampin’ Up! Tempting Turquoise ink and stamped second generation on the card. After I got a little on my sentiment, I decided I needed to make a mask. I stamped both sentiments on SSS masking paper and cut out and covered them on the card. Then I went back to stamping. I used some Ranger Glossy Effects to cover parts of the front then adhered some crystals to my card front. This was popped up on craft foam to the card base. I decided it needed a border so I used my Hero Arts Rectangle dies and cut out a thin border. This was then adhered around the card with some Tombow mono adhesive.
Jan needed a card for work tomorrow. The image is from the Sketched Flowers stamp part of the Simon Says Stamp October Card Kit. I used the Simon Says Stamp embossing ink to put it on vellum cardstock after preparing the surface with anti-static powder. Black embossing powder was dusted on the surface with the excess tapped off. Then I used a heat gun to set the embossing powder in place. I then used alcohol markers to color the back of the vellum card stock. On the front of the vellum, I used the Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen to provide sparkle. The vellum was adhered to the card base with fast fuse adhesive and glue dots. The sentiment, from the Tin of Cards stamp set from Stampin’ Up!, was die cut from their Stitched Framelet dies set. This was popped up on dimensionals and positioned on the card front above the fast fuse section of adhesive. Tonic Nuvo Jewel Drops in Grey Mist were used to cover the glue dots.